Week 4b: Familiar Websites

 
The two websites I visit frequently are https://www.amazon.com/ and https://www.gymshark.com/ 

The reason I visit Amazon is because I am a Prime Member and I alway find the best deals through their site. Their site is effective because it offers customers many benefits to be a Prime member, even if you're not you still get great deals, and the orders usually come within a few days. The site has complementing colors and contrast that keep the site simple yet, interesting. Amazon includes "recently viewed" items on their home page and near the bottom of each page, which helps the customer remember what they were looking at. Also, they have recommended items, free movies with Prime, gift ideas, and their search bar is very useful because it has suggestions when you type something in.

The reason I come back to Amazon's website is because I enjoy using it as my primary search engine to find whatever I may need. Also, it helps when I need to reorder items I've bought in the past. It is also really easy to cancel an item or change some detail about the item I have ordered if I needed to. If something were to be improved, I would recommend how busy the homepage is because there are numerous items on the page that makes it kind of overwhelming to the viewer. Having a less busy page could help the consumer to be less pressured on what they're going to buy. 

Similarly, Gymshark is a clothing website that is very innovative and clean looking to viewers. It is very easy to navigate around the page and find exactly what you are looking for. They have bold colors that work well with the page and are able to showcase their products well also. When you are looking at a certain section, the picture of the product has two pictures of two different angels of the product, which is helpful and quick to look at. This is a good design because it allows a customer to quick view it without being taken to another page. On the left side of the page, they have filters that can easily be accessed and narrowed to help the customer find exactly what they are looking for. This is convenient because it allows them to get the product they want is a few seconds, instead of searching the whole page.

The reason I love this page and come back to it often is because they have great products to offer their customers, along with having a great site to scroll on. It helps me to find the exact products I am looking for and it helps me to get inspired with their site and the fitness people shown throughout. If I were to fix anything on the site, I would improve the instagram images that shows up at the end of each page because it's too repetitive and should only be shown on the home page and maybe one other page. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1a: All About Themes

Week 2a: Intro to Social Media

Week 10: Personal Blog Posts